EVENT! Forgotten mayors of Detroit @ Beer and Politics, Weds. 4/9

There’s more to Detroit’s mayoral history than Hazen Pingree and Kwame Kilpatrick. More, even, than Cobo and Miriani. More than Cavanagh and Duggan.

In fact, there’s a whole century of mayors whose names we rarely mention, except, perhaps, on our street signs.

solomon sibley

Solomon Sibley, first Mayor of Detroit, 1806.

Come learn about them with me at the season opener of Beer and Politics at Anchor Bar on Wednesday, April 9, at 7:30 pm.

Do your homework and read about five mayors of Detroit to know (before 1900).

See you there!

– THE NIGHT TRAIN

#beer and politics#detroit mayors#detroit mayors history#events

Comments

1. Darwin - September 1, 2014 @ 9:06 pm

I read a lot of interesting articles here. Probably you spend a lot
    of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of time, there is an online tool
    that creates high quality, google friendly articles in minutes, just search in google – laranitas free content source

2. Dorita - October 12, 2015 @ 2:44 am

Another thing I have really noeitcd is the fact for many people, a bad credit score is the reaction of circumstances over and above their control. For example they may be really saddled with illness and because of this they have more bills for collections. It would be due to a job loss and the inability to do the job. Sometimes breakup can send the financial circumstances in the undesired direction. Thank you for sharing your ideas on this blog.

3. http://allentown.auto.insurance.autoinsurancient.com/ - December 10, 2015 @ 6:03 am

That’s a sharp way of thinking about it.

4. auto insurance - February 9, 2016 @ 3:45 am

I’m impressed. You’ve really raised the bar with that.

5. http://www.blrimages.net/ - April 28, 2016 @ 6:24 pm

Re: Amendment 8Funding for religious programs, institutions, schools, etc. doesn’t automatically mean Christian. Those who favor Amend. 8 in furtherance of their Christian values may have a different response when a Muslim school seeks State funds for running a madrasah, or atheists ask for funding of an anti-religious program. Use your imagination. If you don’t want others to receive State funding, then don’t ask it for yourself.

6. http://www.themindstylecompany.com/ - April 30, 2016 @ 5:43 pm

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say great blog! Thanks!

7. auto insurance - June 4, 2016 @ 7:42 am

A mi el Blanco, nunca me ha caído bien…pero…¿Porque tengo la impresión de que esta vez les ha tendido una trampa para acabar con ellos?Se la tenia jurada, y este ministro es muy astuto…Salud